Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Worldchanging

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet author/futurist/visionary Bruce Sterling when he visited Harvey Mudd College (HMC) in October 2006. During his talk (which is available in the video archive at HMC), he held up a copy of the book "Worldchanging: A User's Guide for the 21st Century" and said, "Buy three copies of this book: One for yourself, one for someone 14 years older than you and one for someone 14 years younger." He wrote the introduction and Al Gore wrote the forward. Sterling also calls worldchanging.com the most important website on the planet. While I didn't adhere to his 14-year recommendation, I have given several copies of the book to my friends. Changing the world depends on you and me, so get the book, read it and get to work! "Valorize the extremes!"

No comments: