Sunday, April 19, 2009

Big Bear Ride


Because I've been so busy trying to keep up-to-date with friends on Facebook, I've been remiss in posting here, so here's a brief note about my bike ride yesterday, which was epic. At 127 miles and 19,849' of climbing, it was definitely the biggest day on the bike I've ever had. It was also one of the best -- the weather was absolutely perfect (70 degrees in Lake Arrowhead) and a mild Santa Ana wind made the view of the San Bernardino Valley spectacular.

My friend and Citrus Valley Velo racing teammate Dana Van Stee, who is training for the challenging Breathless Agony ride May 2, joined me for the first portion from Redlands to Onyx Summit. Dana's been getting really good results in his second year of racing this year. It was nice to have some company on the road. He turned around at Onyx Summit and returned to Redlands while I headed into Big Bear Lake and a few points beyond.

There's not much else to say, except to share a few photos (including a GPS-based map view of the route) and say, "What else are you doing to do on a perfect Spring day?"

No comments: