Monday, September 15, 2008

Mount Everest Challenge

Because I won't be able to compete in next week's Mount Everest Challenge State Climbing Championships bike race, I decided to create my own personal version this past weekend. The Everest Challenge, which I completed in 2004 and 2005, is a two-day, 206-mile sufferfest that sends you up and down six mountains in the Sierras for a total of 29,035' of elevation gain.

While the 201 miles I rode over the weekend came up short by Everest Challenge standards, I outdid the elevation gain substantially -- 32,525'. Yesterday's ride was epic: 122 miles and 18,268' of climbing. What else are you going to do on a glorious near-end-of-summer weekend? Get outdoors and savor it!

Below are the MotionBased Player views of the rides (click on images to view full size). I can't wait to get away from this desk and get up there again!


No comments: