Friday, December 10, 2010

Photo of the Day: UCR Sunset


Here's another iPhone photo, taken about an hour ago from the landing on the fourth floor of my building at the Bourns College of Engineering at UC Riverside. My Facebook friends will recognize this view because I've posted many shots from this location. The "smoke stacks" are vents for the fume hoods in the labs in adjacent Bourns Hall.

This photo was processed with Pro HDR, an outstanding iPhone app for creating high dynamic range images. I bought Photomatix HDR ($99.00) for my iMac at home and use it for processing images from my Nikon D300, but I find this $1.99 app for the iPhone is just as good, if not better. I'm looking forward to my AT&T contract coming around so I can upgrade to the iPhone 4 and gain the two additional megapixels in resolution.

This photo also means the work day is done, so I'm out of here...

No comments: