Thursday, December 09, 2010

Photo of the Day: View from the "C"


My Facebook friends have seen plenty of images similar to this on my wall. It was taken with my iPhone from the trail to the concrete letter "C" on the mountainside east of UC Riverside's campus, where I work. I've been trying to run there at least twice a week during my lunch hour. It's a great workout, and today was no exception. I broke in my new Brooks Cascadia trail running shoes and they were awesome.

This image was processed with a cool iPhone app called Hipstamatic that my good friend and fellow "Brookie" Larissa Schwartz turned me on to. She's created some amazing images with it. It offers eight different "lenses" and 10 different types of "film," for a ton of interesting effects. (Well, not a ton, I guess. More like 80, but that's a lot!) For the record, this was taken with the Robo Glitter lens and Kodot XGrizzled film. The view is to the northwest, with the western end of the San Gabriel mountains in the distance, where Mount Baldy rises to more than 10,000 feet.

No comments: