Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Photo of the Day: Mantitude


I'm back. We'll see for how long -- it's been a year since my last post. I've been thinking it would be cool to commit to shooting and posting one good photo every day. That would make for a pretty nice body of work -- and an interesting look back at the places and events of a year. So...here is a prelude to my New Year's resolution for '11.

I first saw this praying mantis on the message board we have on the wall in our kitchen. It apparently crawled or flew in and when I heard my cat Gracie making her stalking-prey sounds and creeping toward the chair that would give her access to this creature, I grabbed her and shut her in the bedroom with her sister Suzy.

With a large Tupperware container and a piece of paper, I captured this amazing insect, set it free in the grass of my back yard and went back inside for my Nikon...

No comments: